Thursday, October 4, 2012

Best Foot Forward

.

The fall and spring fashion shows are, to me, something like museums: I love the good ones, but they are totally overwhelming, and at some point – even when I haven't been as busy as I am now – I just stop absorbing and need to give my brain a rest.


This is my way of saying that I'm completely behind on what's been on the runways the past couple of weeks (and also a plug for buying a membership to a museum that shows stuff you like: you can go whenever you have a free half-hour and come away feeling like you've actually gotten your money's worth).


Above and below, Alexander Wang.

Anyway, I'll be posting more from the spring shows in the next few weeks as I work my way through and have a chance to take a considered look. In the meantime this (meaning all of this) is just an elaborate accompaniment to a very unscientific, hit-or-miss selection of my favorite of the few runway shoes I've seen for spring season.


 I'm a sucker for a lot of things, but especially a good Mary Jane.



(Yves) Saint Laurent. Hedi's start was interesting; I think it deserves a whole post, whatever you think of it. Much to be said about 70s California x Morocco in Paris ? Or something else ?




Incidentally, Reed Krakoff is becoming one of my favorite American designers.


And then:

Altuzarra. Enough said.


No comments: