Friday, January 30, 2009

White As Diamonds

.

The amount of white space in these new Jil Sander ads is pure luxury.



I'm not positive but I think the photographer is Willy Vanderperre, with art direction by Lloyd & Co. More than with almost any other brand, I'm always excited to see what they will do with the Jil Sander ads each season. The past several campaigns seem to have completely distilled to this logical, brilliant conclusion.



An idea expressed in such a simple, beautiful, minimal way is the exact opposite of information overload everywhere all the time. Honestly, I don't think that could be expressed more perfectly than it is in these photographs.



I wrote a little about the Howard Street Jil Sander store, which does roughly the same thing in architectural/interior form, here.

More info at jilsander.com

No comments: