Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I knew you'd be back

At long last, Wes Anderson's (and co-writer Owen Wilson's) Bottle Rocket gets the Criterion treatment it so richly deserves this November. His most recent two movies (The Life Aquatic and especially The Darjeeling Limited) have been crushingly disappointing because of their focus on props (both inanimate and human props) over complex characters and their interactions – but that doesn't take away from the utterly life-changing genius of his first three (Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums).

Here's the original Bottle Rocket short.


And here's one of my favorite scenes from the feature.


Related: This is our second cat, Inez. More about her another time.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I know it's because I've never actually seen Inez, but I swear, I thought she was all black. That is so weird to see her in full cat-form and not as just a dark streak.