Friday, December 11, 2009

After the Fall

.
The Fall, 2010, by Aurel Schmidt

The Whitney has announced the artists chosen to appear in its forthcoming 2010 Biennial, and today's New York Times has a small slideshow and an article about how the economy (ugh, god, enough) has forced the curators to scale back – to 55 artists this year, down from 81 in the 2008 Biennial. I don't recognize a lot of the names, not surprisingly, but I did notice that Tauba Auerbach and Aurel Schmidt are included, among a few other favorites I have learned about in passing.

A video still from Detroit, 2009, by Ari Marcopoulos.

Read what I had to say about the 2008 Whitney Biennial here (trust me, it is riveting), and visit the museum's website for more info. The Biennial will run February 25 through may 30, 2010.

No comments: