Monday, November 7, 2011

In No Particular Order

.
I've been totally snowed under for the last month and a half owing to a new job, so just recently I had a chance to look at a few of the Spring 2012 shows. Some picks from the first 3 that I (somewhat) randomly selected are below – and from a 4th, which came recommended. The critics (well – the one I was reading, at least) seemed a little bored, but I feel like this bodes pretty well for the ladies' upcoming season.

Balenciaga:
Sporty.

Those hats!

I. need. these. pants.

The woman who walks down the street
in this owns the world.

Just my opinion.


Dries Van Noten. As usual, deceptively uncomplicated:

I'm obsessed recently with buttoning shirts
to the collar, can you tell?


I mean, it's almost "Mom," but ...


Dries in the new issue of Dansk:
I do two collections a year, and that's more than enough. There are too many collections, too much fashion, and too many garments in this world.

Duro Olowu; so lovely:

Theyskens' Theory:

Girbaud, anyone?

I have to say that I'm really impressed with how Olivier Theyskens came from what he was doing at Rochas, and then pulls this out so seemingly effortlessly. It's still him, but it's completely adapted and appropriate. It's not an analogy, but for some reason it makes me think of the scene in The Beautiful Fall where Karl Lagerfeld displays his particular genius by drawing (accurately) what every other designer would be showing that season ... an ability to disassociate from your own ego and see the world clearly from someone else's design viewpoint. Or maybe it just looks right because it's what I want to see right now.

via style.com

No comments: