Monday, February 1, 2010

When I Grow Up

.


This madness compelled me to take another look at the work of Fever Ray. Thus far, I've been more a fan in theory than in practice (does anyone else make that designation? I make it a lot). Now that I pay closer attention, I'm liking Fever Ray more and more. The thing is, I think of what she does more as performance than as stand-alone music; it feels like without the visuals, you only get half the story.

Karin Dreijer Andersson, aka Fever Ray

In some cases, the visual elements are much more elaborate than the songs – the dirge "If I Had A Heart" feels like an electronically parsed version of Bonnie Prince Billy's "My Home Is The Sea," and the video makes it epic. (Incidentally, I can't help being reminded of the river scene in Night of the Hunter.)


Anyway, there you have it: slightly more into Fever Ray.
A
nd this concludes my dinner break.


Info and updates at feverray.com
.

No comments: