Thursday, July 9, 2009

My kind of reading list

.
I'm no Kanye West ("I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph.") but it is safe to say that I don't expend nearly enough effort tackling the ever-growing list of books on my reading list. So it is with great excitement that I learned of a new article at The Second Pass listing ten books that we're allowed to skip.
Below is a list of ten books that will be pressed into your hands by ardent fans. Resist these people. Life may not be too short (I’m only in my mid-30s, and already pretty bored), but it’s not endless.
On William Faulkner's Absalom, Absalom : "I mean, all readers have to swim through a little tar now and then, but goddamn." On One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez: "Magical realism wasn’t much of a trick to begin with." On The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence: "We’d like to read another book. Or maybe fix a sandwich and see who’s on Conan."

Check out the list here, and add your own selections and comments at The Second Pass blog.

No comments: