Thursday, October 1, 2009

Grand Groove

This is a detail from one of a few posters I designed awhile back for Wheedle's Groove: Seattle's Sacred Soul of the 1960's and '70s, which is showing this Saturday at Northwest Film Forum before heading out on the road for several festival showings around the country. The film is directed by Jennifer Maas, who I have worked with on a number of websites over the past few years. The band in the photo above is Cookin' Bag, one of many legendary Seattle bands featured in Wheedle's Groove. Check out [my former business partner] Supreme's blog for audio samples – the film project came about as a companion to the Light in the Attic compilation of the same name, culled from his vinyl finds over the years.

Emily and I were lucky enough to see an early cut of the film, and I don't think we can make it to this Saturday night's screening, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it's progressed next time it rolls through town. If you're free this weekend, I recommend checking it out.
Here's the trailer:




Visit wheedlesgroovemovie.com for more info.

No comments: