Sunday, August 3, 2008

This Charming Man

This morning I woke up to find an email waiting for me from my old buddy Pierre Consorti. We worked together at Visionaire for three years or so, until he took a job in Paris as art director at Work in Progress (now known as Petronio Associates). Founded by Ezra Petronio and Suzanne Koller, the firm produces possibly the best fashion magazine in the world, Self Service, as well as campaigns and identity for Chloé, Miu Miu, Prada, YSL, Bottega Veneta, Emilio Pucci, Colette, and many others. Pierre has a preternatural understanding of typography, and it would be difficult to overstate how much I learned from him. He is also one of the funniest people I have ever met.

Click here to check out some pictures and videos on Self Service and WIP's other work.

No comments: