Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Image of the Day

.
Here's an image I found on the web whilst drinking some refreshing Canada Dry ginger ale and eating my lunch (smoked salmon with tabasco and a side of carrots – quite fantastic, no?) It's a sheet music cover for "The Owls Serenade" by HW Petrie, [self-proclaimed] "composer of the great successes 'I Don't Want to Play In Your Yard' and 'You Can't Play In Our Yard Any More.'" (Click to enlarge.)

The state of the union is objectively shite but things like that remind me that the history of the union is weird and great. More old sheet music here.

...
Late-breaking update:
Actually, Obama's State of the Union speech tonight made me feel a bit better about the state of the union. Talk is just talk but at least his sounds good. I still believe in the guy, and I'm not one of these people that thought everything would change overnight – he has a lot to deal with – I just think he needs to apply more pressure.
Anyway, enough of all that.

No comments: