Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Need a Miracle...

.
(Before.)

...Or more accurately, I need a shoe repair capable of performing a miraculous feat of engineering on one broken metal stiletto heel. Yes, I am a klutz.

(After. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.)

I've long been a devotee of Shoe Service Plus on 55th in NYC; they've (grumpily) extricated me from many serious shoe disasters in the past. But this is pretty ugly heel breakage and I don't think they're going to come through for me this time. If any of you, dear readers, have other suggestions, I would be eternally grateful for your help. (I'm open to sorcerers residing either in Seattle or NYC – or elsewhere if we can do business by mail. And I love these little guys so cost is no object...sorry, Strath!)

Thank you, and please forgive the interruption. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Emily,

ACT Theatre has been taking all of our many, always-crazy shoe-repair needs to Dan at Northgate Cobbler for about 20 years. We haven't found much of anything he can't do or fix. Plus, he's quick, and might just give you your "grumpy NY cobbler" fix, even out here on the left coast. He has a stake in Emerald City Shoe Repair downtown, too, so he's sometimes there, but I'd recommend getting the shoes to Northgate if you can. Good luck! They're gorgeous!

Hope to hang out with you and Strath one of these days! Congrats on school, by the way! I heard through the Shepard/Barney family grapevine...

Best,
Other Emily (Cedergreen)