Thursday, May 7, 2009

Destroy All Art

I am, as my friend Head would say, SFP* that I'm not in New York to see this show. Seattle is great, lots of cool stuff going on, etc., but I am bummed to miss this, the follow-up of sorts to last April's show in the same gallery, From Fluxus to Media Art. If you, dear reader, find yourself in New York between now and July 25th, please go see this and report back:

D.I.Y.
A group exhibition featuring works on paper, film posters, diagrams, maps, charts, and documents by George Maciunas, Jonas Mekas, George Brecht, Ben Vautier, Yoko Ono, Paul Sharits, Shigeko Kubota, Chieko Shiomi, Henry Flynt, Ken Friedman, La Monte Young, and Paula Scher.

Opening reception tonight, 6-8pm

Maya Stendhal Gallery
545 West 20th Street
11am – 6pm Tuesday–Saturday

Ben Vautier Total Art Match-box, 1966


*Super Fuckin' Pissed

1 comment:

Joey Veltkamp said...

AWESOME -- I'll be there!!