Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some Ol' Party Sh*t

Again, not a political blog, but I wanted to quickly weigh in on Hillary Clinton's speech last night. I can honestly say it was one of the best I've ever heard. People are saying she could have been more outspoken on Obama's readiness to lead the country, and that may be true, but I think the main goal had to be getting her supporters on board with voting Democrat, rather than going to the dark side or sitting it out. With that in mind, I think she struck exactly the right tone. At this point, those disaffected Hillary supporters who still won't vote for Obama are probably unreachable through logical discourse anyway.

I also liked MSNBC's interview with Spike Lee, whose brother and sister live around the corner from us in Fort Greene. I'm hoping to see them in the corner store rocking some new Obama shirts from Denver.



Brooklyn Slumlordz Some Ol' Party Sh*t mp3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing Spike interviewed, particularly after seeing Do The Right Thing the other night on IFC.

It's been a long ass time since I saw that flick, and it made me sad. Almost 20 years since it was made, what the hell ever happened to fighting the power and increasing the peace?

Lemme know if you see anyone rocking that t-shirt.