Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We Break Hustlers Hard

.
When I went to Parsons I used to purposely go an hour early on trash pick-up days so I could stroll through the West Village and see what cast-off treasures people would leave on the sidewalk. Furniture, books, clothes, an amazing selection of vintage magazines... some of the spoils of those expeditions are my prized possessions. You don't see as much of that in Seattle (which I guess is fine, I have too much stuff) but this morning when I walked out of our apartment, someone had left a pretty good stash on the corner. I picked up a vintage Indian-made pith helmet like the one TR is wearing in the photo above, and a big stash of worthwhile VHS tapes including Blow Up, Weird Science, Scarface, and the one I'm most looking forward to watching:


Fuzz (1972) starring Burt Reynolds, Raquel Welch, Jack Weston, Yul Brynner, and Seattle's own Tom Skerritt.

Finding good junk is the best way to start a day.

No comments: