Monday, August 31, 2009

Image of the Day

. Yesterday Emily and I went out to West Seattle for a little 2-hour trip with Alki Kayak Tours. I used to lead kayak trips in the San Juan Islands in the early '90s, but I haven't done much since then, save for a trip up in Maine and a short one off of Orcas Island a few years ago. Alki was a great re-introduction and a different way to see the city – I would recommend it to just about anyone, no experience or athletic ability necessary whatsoever. Above is a big old barge near the mouth of the Duwamish River (Gowanus of the Northwest). You can see the Space Needle way in the background if you click to enlarge.

Bonus image of the day: Emily fits her PFD and spray skirt. Mark my words, Miuccia will be copying this look next season.

1 comment:

wonting said...

Chad and I have been to Alki, it's a great little gem so close to downtown!