Thursday, May 14, 2009

In Between Days

.
A quick follow-up to this post on the current show at Maya Stendhal - the Chelsea gallery is currently offering four original hand-pulled 14" x 19" screenprints by Jonas Mekas, each in an edition of 300, each hand-signed, numbered, and dated, and printed on 2-ply museum board. Each print in the Summer Manifesto Portfolio, as it's called, is $4000.

It's a reasonable price, sure, but just a little much for my blood at this juncture. Still, I thought I'd post about it, because it gives me the opportunity to feature the above image, which I find very beautiful. Essentially the statement is neutral – both unsettling and calming at the same time. It's a statement of flux.


Make contact through mayastendhalgallery.com or jonasmekas.com to get more info if you want to spring for one of these babies.

No comments: