Monday, April 7, 2008

God Don't Make No Junk

Freezing cold and slightly hungover or not, digging through junk is a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning. As I mentioned in Friday's post, the first Brooklyn Flea was this weekend in Fort Greene, and while there were a few too many crafts and new products for my liking, all in all it shows a lot of promise. It's definitely the biggest market I've seen in New York and was packed to the hilt—Brownstoner estimates that 20,000 people showed up. It was a little chaotic and I didn't end up taking pictures, but here's a selection of the records I found (top to bottom, left to right, click to enlarge).

Bob Pinodo Show Master of Africa (Essiebons) Africa MP3

Hopeton Lewis & Hugh Roy with Tommy McCook & the Supersonics (Treasure Isle) Tom Drunk MP3

The Arbors I Can't Quit Her / The Letter (Date) Hey Joe MP3

Charles Earland Dynamite Brothers OST (Prestige) Snake MP3

The Status Quo "When My Mind is Not Live" (Cadet)

Nina Simone I Put a Spell On You (Phillips)

Minnie Riperton (Janus) Les Fleur MP3

(Various) Ride Me Donkey (Studio One)
Marcia Griffiths Feel Like Jumping MP3

Brother to Brother In the Bottle (Turbo)
Hey What's That You Say MP3

The D.O.C. "The Doc & The Dr." (Ruthless)
Somethingtabumpinyacar MP3

The Grateful Dead Studio Sessions (white label test pressing)
Dark Star MP3

A.C. Reed (Nike) Boogalo Tramp MP3

No comments: