Friday, January 7, 2011

Image of the Day

.
The U.S. Postal Service announced its new stamp designs for 2011 last week, and this is my favorite:

Pioneers of American Industrial Design
honors twelve of the nation's most influential industrial designers from the
mid-20th Century: Frederick Hurten Rhead, Walter Dorwin Teague, Norman Bel Geddes, Raymond Loewy, Donald Deskey, Gilbert Rohde, Greta von Nessen, Russel Wright, Henry Dreyfuss, Peter Müller-Munk, Dave Chapman, and Eliot Noyes. The series will be available in July, 2011.

Truth be told, I'm still kind of mad at the post office right now – I haven't received some books I ordered and I'm pretty sure it's their fault – but nice postage stamps make me want to hug them anyway.

1 comment:

Kyle Johnson said...

On a similar note. BBC released a 5 part documentary series on Industrial Design. Watch for free here: (why it lasts)
http://www.havenvideo.com/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=67032