Monday, September 14, 2009

Last Exit to Brooklyn

So, yeah, we got back from New York last Thursday and I immediately came down with the worst cold I've had in years. Not the swine, but swine-ish. It's still pretty bad but Littlejeans is doing his best to take care of me while I slog through my projects (Emily, pictured above in all her chicness, is in Idaho for one last trip before diving head-on into school next week).

Anyway – this week I'm going to somewhat haphazardly post a selection of photos from our time in New York. Today's are from an afternoon we spent in Red Hook – something we always loved doing when we lived in Brooklyn. It continues to develop in interesting ways while maintaining its industrial flavor.

The Mighty Gowanus – miniature Duwamish of Brooklyn

[Click to enlarge – artwork by Swoon]

Hope & Anchor was full-up so we had lunch at this new place, Fort Defiance. Emily had a tomato, mozarella, and basil sandwich, and I had a banh mi, and both were delicious. They also have Six Point Apollo Wheat on tap and their cold-brewed iced coffee is maybe the best I've ever had...no small thing, being from Seattle.

More NY pics coming soon, and you are welcome to have a look at my Flickr sets for old ones if you like.

No comments: