Thursday, February 19, 2009

That's My Partner

.
Way back on February 12, 2008, in my very first post, I mentioned that my brilliant and beautiful wife Emily, pictured above at the Louvre, would sometimes be posting on Pacific Standard along with me.

Emily in Mojacar, Spain.

Though she hasn't posted…not even once, I often feel the blog is our group project anyway – she is trained as a lawyer, but she knows a ton about art, fashion, and design, and is at least as qualified to be an art director as I am.

Emily in Westsound, Orcas Island…brainstorming.

I learn new things from Emily constantly; I run projects and creative thoughts by her to get her take before anyone else sees them, and it always leads to new ideas.

Emily at some Visionaire party. Photo Patrick McMullen.

So…I am ecstatic to report the following:

1.
Emily is going to help me set up a Seattle studio. As business director she will handle development and management for Pacific Standard, which will allow me to focus more closely on creative direction.

Emily reading a map in Montmartre. The map is upside down because it's France.

2.
We just signed a lease for a small office space at Pike & Broadway and are moving in on March 1st. It's been a long time coming – I've been freelancing since April 2007 but have always worked at home; I'm excited to branch out, and especially with a uniquely qualified business director at my side.

(This is not the office.)

3.
Emily is going to start posting on the blog, occasionally, for real this time, starting with the post you see below.

That is all.


.