Wednesday, February 11, 2009

S words

Hmmm... I'm not sure about this album cover.

I like the various elements (color, type, car, styling...even the sword is okay), but something about the light-gray background bothers me. Looking forward to the album though – it's in stores March 3rd.

Neko Case People Got A Lotta Nerve mp3 (via Anti-)

More info here.

---
An addendum:
I highly recommend reading this great piece on Neko Case in
The New York Times Magazine. It's an incredibly morbid thing to note, but just about anyone who grew up in the Northwest around the same time as me will identify with her comments on the inspiration for one of the new songs:
“It’s based on the Green River killer,” she says. “When I was a kid in Tacoma, we were all scared all the time. I actually carried a knife to school with me. The ‘you’ in the song is one of his victims. They were all prostitutes, but we didn’t know that. They could have been anybody; they could have been us.”
Man, I remember that feeling – I was scared too as a little kid, even knowing that the victims were all women. Such a strange thing to grow up with. I wonder if the sword on the album cover references the knife she carried. Anyway, it all makes me look forward to hearing the rest of the record.

No comments: