Monday, December 22, 2008

Clam chowder: the breakfast of champions

Alright. At first I thought it was all quaint and nice how Seattle shuts down in the snow, but after three housebound days, all of the beer is gone and we have some tough choices to make as we ration the remaining soup and other canned foods in the cupboard.

On the upside, our (okay, fine, somewhat self-imposed) confinement has given us a chance to catch up on some movies. Ironman: might be my favorite superhero movie of all time. The Strangers: creepy – very creepy – but not so much so that I am afraid of my own house, which is important when you're a shut-in. The winner so far, though? The life-affirming movie of the year: a little sleeper hit starring Danny McBride entitled The Foot Fist Way.



So that was pretty great, and if you haven't seen it, you should.

And now you'll have to excuse me, as it's just about time for lunch. Looks like peeled tomatoes…green beans…maybe some anchovies…

No comments: