Friday, October 24, 2008

New Acquisitions, part 4: Bismarck

There's a chance we just missed the cool part of Bismarck, North Dakota, since we just cruised through it real quick-like, but I gotta say it seemed pretty lame at first glance. They do have Taco del Mar though and there was a great thrift store downtown:

Tough record but somehow it makes sense to find it in North Dakota. It's for trade if anyone needs it. Here's a sample:
Don Randi The Fox mp3 (produced by David Axelrod)

I predict that upon seeing this, Chad will say "that will either be the best record you own, or the worst record you own," and I agree. (I still haven't listened to most of my finds because everything's in boxes, including turntables.)

Weird and freaky, had to get it. I think it's a polka record but the dude was clearly a perv.

I calculated a small chance that the elderly woman at the counter might refuse to sell this to me.

This has the theme from Downhill Racer, which is not an easy soundtrack to find. It's weird how much Downhill Racer has come up on this blog, it's not even that great a movie. Aesthetically cool though.

This guy looks like Robin Williams but he has made some good records and this one might be good too, we'll see.

Never heard of it but I'm a sucker for soundtracks of any kind.

One cool thing about this record is that the basketball has the texture of a real basketball…it's pretty exciting.
David Shire Books & Basketball mp3

This is a CD actually. Still catching up from the entire decade I didn't really listen to any new rock music. This is kind of a mellow one for Mudhoney.
Mudhoney In My Finest Suit mp3

And finally:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I predict that upon seeing this, Chad will say "that will either be the best record you own, or the worst record you own," and I agree. "

I'm going to opt for the latter on that one.

As for the Mr. World record, that might be the best record you own, period!